[originally released in 1999 on the alb*m “ix equilibrium”.]
icaros, i dare you.
for i possess the wings of faith.
though, heavy on my shoulders,
no measurement can prove their weight.
still, a burden are they not to me.
i am the challenger of gravity.
the fear is not the fate i seek.
my destiny will build upon
the mighty turbulence beyond.
and if i fall, i will rise… again.
some of envy, some of fear,
admonish by the graves of those who fell.
praise the fool that pure of heart
leaps off your finger into grace.
icaros, your voice once melted
into the choir of the fallen ones.
i have heard, i have seen
the purity of their song.
icaros, your fate embrace
a manifold of angels.
i summon thee from shattered graves,
and call upon the wind.
recieve my bow of reverence.
then spread your wings
and fly into oblivion.
- the acclamation of bonds lyrics – emperor / emperor lyrics
- the burning shadows of silence lyrics – emperor / emperor lyrics
- the loss and curse of reverence lyrics – emperor / emperor lyrics
- the majesty of the night sky lyrics – emperor / emperor lyrics
- the source of icon e lyrics – emperor / emperor lyrics