oh, danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling,
from glen to glen and down the mountains side.
the summer’s gone and all the leafs are falling,
it’s you, it’s you, must go and i must bide.
but come ye back, when summer’s in the meadows,
or when the valleys hushed and white with snow.
and i’ll be here in sunshine or in shadow.
oh, danny boy, oh danny boy, i love you so.
and if you come and all the flowers are dying
if i am dead – as dead i well may be
i pray you’ll find the place where i am lying
and kneel and say an “ave” there for me:
and i shall hear though soft your tread above me.
and all my grave shall warmer, sweeter be,
for you will bend and tell me that you love me
and i shall live in peace, until you come to me.
and i shall live in peace, until you come to me…
- your friend lyrics – electric light orchestra / electric light orchestra lyrics
- sure as sun turns to moon (reprise) lyrics – original broadway cast / original broadway cast lyrics
- all i need (is not to need you) lyrics – patty loveless / patty loveless lyrics
- take a look around lyrics – temptations / temptations lyrics
- a song for christmas lyrics – natalie cole / natalie cole lyrics