i never loved eva braun (oh no?)
no, a thousand people say i did (oh yeah?)
yeah, she was just some girl who was on the make (yes, we see)
boy she wanted to be so big.
and in the end it got to be a drag,
she’s doing her exercises every day
no matter what people say,
i never loved eva braun.
i never heard all the screams (oh no?)
i never saw the blood and dirt and gore (oh yeah?)
that wasn’t part of the dream, (yes, we see)
of maps and generals and uniforms.
i’d always like the big parade,
i always wanted to be adored,
in ’33 i knew i had it made,
i never loved….
eva braun wasn’t history,
she wasn’t even part of my destiny
she never really fitted in the scheme of things
she was a triumph of my will,
i saw the blondies and the blue eyes, (oh yeah?)
i saw the millions mouthing me, (oh yeah?)
but underneath i was really gentle, (oh yeah?)
d’ja ever see me touch a scr*p of meat?
o yeah i conquered all those countries
they were weak an’ i was strong
a little too ambitious maybe,
but i never loved eva braun.
- lookin’ after no 1 lyrics – boomtown rats / boomtown rats lyrics
- love or something lyrics – boomtown rats / boomtown rats lyrics
- lying again lyrics – boomtown rats / boomtown rats lyrics
- mary of the 4th form lyrics – boomtown rats / boomtown rats lyrics
- me and howard hughes lyrics – boomtown rats / boomtown rats lyrics