i keep thinking each and every day.
have i really made a difference, have i made things change?
in all these years of “growing up,” and “standing strong,”
has it made a single dent with all that is so wrong?
but if i haven’t done a thing for world affairs,
at least i know i try and i’ll show that i care.
’cause it’s me that has to make an effort,
or what can i expect to change.
that’s where it starts, in myself,
not just shifting all the blame.
and as i’m growin’ older, i can see the changes.
yet history ain’t history at all it seems,
i try to keep my head held high, eyes open wide,
and growing keeps me learning, yeah it keeps me free.
what have you got to think that time will stop for you?
- champion lyrics – dawn richard / dawn richard lyrics
- push comes to shove lyrics – gil scott-heron / gil scott heron lyrics
- if i could make you (change your mind) lyrics – terry callier / terry callier lyrics
- judy lyrics – al green / al green lyrics
- thousand miles away lyrics – otis redding / otis redding lyrics