i used to visit all the very gay places
those come what may places
where one relaxes on the axis of the wheel of life
to get the feel of life…
from jazz and c*cktails.
the girls i knew had sad and sullen gray faces
with distant gay traces
that used to be there you could see where they’d been washed away
by too many through the day…
twelve o’clock tales.
then you came along with your siren of song
to tempt me to madness!
i thought for a while that your poignant smile was tinged with the sadness
of a great love for me.
ah yes! i was wrong…
i was wrong.
life is lonely again,
and only last year everything seemed so sure.
now life is awful again,
a troughful of hearts could only be a bore.
a week in paris will ease the bite of it,
all i care is to smile in spite of it.
i’ll forget you, i will
while yet you are still burning inside my brain.
romance is mush,
stifling those who strive.
i’ll live a lush life in some small dive…
and there i’ll be, while i rot
with the rest of those whose lives are lonely, too.
- amame lyrics – la mafia / la mafia lyrics
- you’re a whole different person when you’re scared lyrics – warren zevon / warren zevon lyrics
- while i’m waiting lyrics – john waller / john waller lyrics
- under the influence of love lyrics – barry white / barry white lyrics
- the blood lyrics – booth brothers / booth brothers lyrics