southern trees bear strange fruit
blood on the leaves and blood at the root
black bodies swinging in the southern breeze
strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees.
pastoral scene of the gallant south
the bulging eyes and the twisted mouth
scent of magnolias, sweet and fresh
then the sudden smell of burning flesh.
here is fruit for the crows to pluck
for the rain to gather, for the wind to suck
for the sun to rot, for the trees to drop
here is a strange and bitter crop.
- innocence lyrics – hootie & the blowfish / hootie the blowfish lyrics
- siberian orchestra – christmas canon lyrics – trans / trans lyrics
- (sittin’ on) the dock of the bay lyrics – craig david / craig david lyrics
- blackout lyrics – fat joe / fat joe lyrics
- my last yee haw lyrics – cowboy troy / cowboy troy lyrics