i rise and curse the waking day, curse the grime and curse the stains on the air and on the skin of the bed i’m tied within. hiding from the twitch and crash, of the mood i hear you hatch. you’re the mother growing cold – you’re the bath now running old. i can feel the wall between us separate the filthy scene, as i push the door aside – swallow, swallow, swallow, smile.
i wander round the gulf between us, wonder how i came to feel as fragile as a broken bone, as useless – i’m a broken bone. come on let’s fight let’s feel alive. come on let’s fight let’s feel alive – it’s the only feeling i’ve kept towards you that resembles any p*ssion, any tremble, any word, i’ll take and turn it, twist and p*ssed-on, i’ll return it. give me more, give me, i’ll swallow, swallow, swallow, smile
but it’s alright, i lie. it’s alright, here’s another lie.
- a thousand miles away lyrics – new edition / new edition lyrics
- city song (soul kiss version) lyrics – jane’s addiction / jane s addiction lyrics
- black crow lyrics – joni mitchell / joni mitchell lyrics
- three days (live) lyrics – jane’s addiction / jane s addiction lyrics
- i don’t live anywhere lyrics – joe bonamassa / joe bonamassa lyrics