me i’ve just died
but some machine keeps on humming
i’m just an extra piece of dead meat to keep running
why won’t you let me die in peace?
why won’t you let me die with some kind of honour?
why won’t you let me die at all?
you’ve got your principles
my body lies immobile
i left it days ago
and me i watch from somewhere as the loved ones come and go
i see them glancing at the switch
i hear them whispering “maybe it’s better that way”
i see the love turn into feelings
aren’t quite the same
i see the men of learning
pacing to and fro
but how can i expect the sane to ever know?
i’d rather die than have no mind
i know my brain is gone “damaged beyond repair”
i see an empty sh*ll below me
i’ve had my time
- when the kingdom comes lyrics – primal scream / primal scream lyrics
- they won’t go when i go lyrics – josh groban / josh groban lyrics
- love bug lyrics – harvey danger / harvey danger lyrics
- dark erotica lyrics – galadriel / galadriel lyrics
- the machine fish suite: never understand lyrics – galactic cowboys / galactic cowboys lyrics