are you still in control of the boat that you row.
or do you still cling to me when it’s sinking?
i never condemnde you. i only consoled you.
when candlelight made me a king.
for the wide-eyed and laughing
p*ssed like a season
erasing a p*ssion to sin.
for no-one kenw better than the tealeaves and the tarots.
that the wide-eyed and laughing
where just one step ahead of the wind.
and the hearts that you played on the porch swing for me.
was a song that i’d heard in the past.
for i had an audience somewhere inside you.
that applauded whenever you laughed.
gone is a word that i now rarely use.
though sometime in the course of the day.
i go racing back like a man possessed.
by the wide-eyed and laughing daughters of some different age.
- we all fall in love sometimes lyrics – elton john / elton john lyrics
- western ford gateway lyrics – elton john / elton john lyrics
- when a woman doesn’t want you lyrics – elton john / elton john lyrics
- when i think about love (i think about you) lyrics – elton john / elton john lyrics
- where have all the good times gone lyrics – elton john / elton john lyrics